Monday, August 8, 2022

WOULD YOU LIKE US TO ASSIGN SOMEONE TO MAKE YOUR MARTINI?

 You know how you could sell more booze round here?

 


Fill the bloody glasses!

 

This was at 5th View which is on the top floor of Waterstone’s bookshop in Piccadilly, an  improbable little watering hole that I’ve been going to for a few years.  Books and martinis go together (obviously) and the martinis used to be better than anybody has a right to expect in a bookshop, especially since they do a ‘two for one’ deal.

 

But last week there was something not right.  The staff seemed harassed and sullen. I said I wanted the 2 for 1 but could I have one now and one later, so the second one wouldn’t get warm?

 

Nope.  I had to have 'em both at the same time because of ‘staff shortages.’

 

Since there were 2 of us drinking this wasn’t a great problem, but really - sullen and harassed is no way to serve a martini.  And if you ask for olives you don’t want lemon peel – but I just didn’t need the angst – and I’m sure the staff didn’t either.

No comments:

Post a Comment