Wednesday, April 12, 2023

SECRET INGREDIENTS

 I had lunch at Soho House this week with some honest film production people.  I hadn’t been there for ages, not since I used to have an agent with loose pockets.

 

The dining room was very nice indeed. In other circumstances I might have taken a photograph, but there were notices around the place saying you shouldn’t take photographs so I didn’t. This is from Tripadvisor:

 


I had, in fact we all had, the club steak, chips and peppercorn sauce, which was very good.  The chips came in a metal container, of course; and of course I didn't photograph it.

 

The menu was satisfying short – but there was one thing on it that threw me sideways:  “hispi cabbage, black garlic, toasted yeast.”  I had no idea that yeast could be toasted but apparently it can.  And according to the Internet, it looks like this:

 



I often order the thing on menus that I’ve never had before or even heard of.  But there are limits. 

 

There was also steak tartare on the menu but I didn’t order because here’s one the inamorata made over the weekend (the secret ingredient is venison):






No comments:

Post a Comment