Thursday, October 13, 2022

MORE SANDWICH MADNESS

 Heston Blumenthal is back, apparently.

 



Personally I hadn’t noticed that he’d been away but it seems he has.  And in his absence he’s been working on himself and he is, as he told us repeatedly in an interview in the Times last weekend, much improved.

 

 ‘I am more energized, more imaginative.  I have more clarity in my belief, a richer more fulfilled life.’

 

It doesn’t end there.  He continues, ‘I can’t think of a better therapist on the planet than me because I ask questions.’

 

And finally he goes all Donald Trump. ‘My body heals and repairs itself at an unusually high rate. I have broken so many bones, but the rate at which they fix is unbelievable.’

 

And the end result of all this hard work and self-knowledge?  Heston has come up with a Prawn Cocktail Salad Sandwich.  I won't insult you by giving the recipe.  It looks like this:


 

Is there no end to the man’s talent? Simple answer: yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment