Sunday, May 5, 2013

EGGLESTON REDUX



And sometimes you miss something really obvious.  As I said in my previous post, I was at Paris Photo LA, eating potato croquettes (above), while waiting to gawk at William Eggleston; and how could I not think of another of his great food photographs, this one:


There on the left hand side of the freezer is the product that that sometimes provides the title of the picture.  Eggleston titles are problematic, I think: a whole lot of them are simply “Untitled” but titles get attached  just so that everybody knows which ones they’re talking about.  Anyway, the title of this one, is “Frosty Acres Tasty Taters.”  Sounds like poetry, doesn’t it?

And I can’t resist just one more great Eggleston food picture: a photograph of a man looking at a steak with more love than some men have ever looked at anything:

No comments:

Post a Comment