Tuesday, March 1, 2022

OLIGARCH'S SHORTBREAD

 I was in Janes Pantry in Gloucester: no need for an apostrophe. 


 

I had the Billionaire’s Shortbread – it’s the segment of chocolate orange welded to the top that adds the zeroes.

 

You know I absolutely used to ADORE Terry’s Chocolate Oranges.  I’m still drawn to them whenever I see them but somehow they never quite live up to expectations.

 

Having ordered the shortbread at the counter I sat down at a table and got a look at a proper printed, laminated menu. In many ways it was standard issue apart from one item I’d never seen before anywhere ‘Synthetic Iced Buns.’

 


I’m guessing it’s a vegan thing but I’m not sure, so I went online to try to find out more about synthetic iced buns and all I came up came up with this: “Instant Glitz Synthetic Hair Bun Sweet Rolls Classic Glazed (S)”

 



I think this is a joke, but I’m not sure at whose expense.

 

Want to show your support for Ukraine without really doing anything (i.e. pretty much like everybody else on the internet)?  You could always eat some Ukrainian Buttercream (not synthetic).


Photo from olgainthekitchen.com


No comments:

Post a Comment