Wednesday, September 15, 2021

SKULLS AND HEARTS

 You know, a lot of people say to me, ‘Geoff, where can I eat  lamb heart while staring at a skull?’ And although I’m sure there are many answers to that question, after last weekend, I can say that the café at the Garden Museum, in Lambeth is absolutely fits the bill.

 

The lamb heart looked like this:

 



The skull looked like this (and yes I do believe that’s a hydra next to it):

 


In fact the skull and hydra are on the Tradescant family tomb in 
the museum’s inner 
courtyard, aka the Sackler Garden.

 



Now, of course, depending on your point of view, the Sackler family may be considered worse than Satan, because of all that OxyContin business.  Families, eh?

 


But the garden is doing fine.

 

                                        



 

No comments:

Post a Comment