Monday, July 27, 2020

FINDING NIBBLES

The look of love

I’ve been reading extracts from Finding Freedom – the “tell-all” book about Harry and Meghan.  It’s hilariously terrible.  Here’s an example:
 ’‘Over drinks (beer for him, a martini for her) they asked each other about their work.  Nibbles may have been on the low table in front of them, but neither touched the food.”

The implication seems to be that that nibbles may NOT have been on the low table in front of them. 
I really don’t care at all about Harry and Meghan (though I wish them no ill) but I would like to get it straight about the nibbles.  



This meeting was at Soho House, a place I used to be taken once in a while by my literary agent. Yes kids, that kind of thing really did used to happen.  It’s not the place I’d go for a discreet assignation and I don’t remember there being any nibbles, though conceivably Harry and Meghan got special treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment