Friday, March 1, 2019

THE PIGS AND I

If you find yourself in, let’s say, South Woodford and you see a shop called Transylvanian House, well obviously you’re going to go in there, poke around and probably you’re going to buy something, aren’t you?


Yes, you are.  I bought a pack of smoked pigs' trotters- aka Picioruse Afumate:


And call me a fool but I thought, well they’re smoked so they’re already cooked, so all I need to do is warm them up and serve them with some sauerkraut and Bob (or perhaps Vladimir) is my uncle.


Turns out that neither Bob nor Vlad is my uncle.


The trotters may have been cooked hut they were hard, low on flesh, boney of course, and in the final analysis inedible.  Disaster: and all my own flair.

Poking around on the interwebs the correct method seems to be to stick ‘em in water in a pot and boil them for four hours and eat ‘em with beans.  I’ll know better next time, if there is a next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment