Friday, May 20, 2011

REFRIED PALTROW



Look, I have nothing against Gwyneth Paltrow as an actress.  She is a pretty decent actress and she has very interesting tastes in shoes. But every time she opens her mouth to talk about food or cooking I just want to scream. Her latest foolish utterance comes in an interview with Elle magazine.
*
ELLE: Have you ever had a dinner party disaster?

GP: Yes! When I was about 19 and started cooking there was no “online,” so you couldn’t go to Epicurious.com or anything for help. I was having six people over for dinner, and I realized that I had bought all the ingredients for eggplant Parmesan, and had no recipe for it. I didn’t know you had to sweat the eggplant and then bread it and fry it first, so I just arranged raw eggplant in layers with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. It was so awful. I think we ended up ordering pizza.
*
But hold on GP, if you didn't have a recipe for eggplant Parmesan how could you possibly know what to go out and buy?  You couldn’t, could you?  And even if by some bizarre chance you randomly happened to buy all the ingredients for eggplant Parmesan, without a recipe how could you possibly know that’s what you’d bought?  By some magical process you knew what the ingredients were for eggplant Parmesan, by some random principle you bought them but then you didn’t know what to do with them?  This whole answer is complete gibberish, isn't it Gwyneth?  And you know it, don't you?  Stop it.  Just stop it right now.  

Nice plug for Epicurious.com however.  And here's a picture of Gwyneth kissing a chef who once said, "There are two ways of making a woman happy, and they both involve putting something into her.  Food is one of the things."


3 comments:

  1. Nothing to say about her shoes choices. Lovely toe cleavage (sometimes!). Your "footsucker" probably would forgive her for all bad words about cooking or food.
    When I spoke with her for an interview I really had some problem to remember the "fil rouge" of the discussion... To shoord skirt and to hogh heels. Journalist: what a terrible job!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on Anonymous - tell us more!!! Especially about the"hogh" heels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... really "hogh" heels and "Shoord" skirt... My fingers sometimes run faster than my brain. Dangerous...
    First of all thanks for your answer! I'm a real fUn (!) of your books. I'm a journalist from Italy (beautiful place during springtime... so many high heeled girls!). I interviewed a lot of italian, UK and US actress about fashion, style... and cooking too (but not so often like you!).
    Miss Paltrow... nice choice of heels, as I said. I see her the first time into a pair of Louboutin's Pigalle (Mr. Loubi said that this shoe would be perfect with a dozen of oysters and a good Krug Resèrve... I suppose nothing else but the right girl with the right pair of gorgeous feet...!).
    Anyway... Gween (!) fitted more than 12 pairs of improbable sky high shoes while we were talking about fashion (of course) and style.
    I had to repeate the matter... The evening after I red again the interview and I was not able to find a sense in those big amount of empty words.
    Just a big picture in my mind and on the paper: 12cm of a black and red heel.
    it was a nice article... a fantasy opera...

    ReplyDelete