Sunday, July 23, 2017

CHEESE ANTICS

So I got in late-ish on Saturday night having been out to see a band, and I hadn’t managed to get anything to eat.  So I opened the fridge took out a camembert, ate a wedge, and went to bed.  Got up Sunday morning and there it was:


 - a scene from Salvador Dali.  I’d neglected to put the camembert back in the fridge and the ants were having a big cheese orgy.


Actually the Dali-allusion helped me feel better about it somehow – especially given that Dali’s recent exhumation is much in the news.  "The orgies and sex life of Salvador Dali as paternity claim questions his lifelong 'I am impotent' boast" says the Daily Mirror.

I couldn’t bring myself to throw away the ant-colonized cheese so I put it in the freezer.  I assume the ants are dead by now or at least in cryogenic suspension.  I wonder if it’ll ruin the taste of the cheese.  I’ll find out soon enough, I expect.

And, for further Dali-esque surrealist food fun, here's a photograph of the man himself with a 12 meter long loaf of bread.  Staff of life, I suppose:


No comments:

Post a Comment