Friday, January 5, 2024

THE ACCEPTABLE VEGAN SANDWICH



I was in the café at the Photographers’ Gallery in Soho, on my own, and it was more or less brunch time and without giving it too much thought I picked a sandwich from the display case.  The sandwich contained – I made a note -  humus, tomato, pickled onion, raddish and mixed leaves.  Conceivably there might have been something else in there too, but if so I didn’t spot it.

 

And as I was eating it I realized this was a vegan sandwich and I wondered if this was the first entirely vegan sandwich I’d ever eaten.  I really haven’t eaten many sandwiches that didn’t contain butter or mayonnaise, and this one didn’t have either.

 

The sandwich was fine, a bit too much bread for the amount of filling and I could have used about ten times more humus, but hey, I had no objection to it being vegan.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment