Friday, October 6, 2017

EVERYTHING TASTES BETTER WITH HOOVES

I used to eat with relish the brains of beasts and fowls.  But with all this talk about prions and bovine spongiform encephalopathy, and even as I understand that many of the dangers have been much exaggerated and in any case only apply to mad cows, eating brains no longer seems such an appealing idea.  But that doesn’t mean I can’t have brain-related fun.


See, I have this rubber monster head (above) which is in fact a jelly mould:



You open it up, put jelly in the brain pan, and a few hours later its set and you have dessert in the shape of a brain:


Those brownish speckles up at the top are cinnamon – there’s also a blob of rice pudding in there – hey, check out the symbolism!


You understand of course that in all this I am not trying to compete with the mighty Bompas and Parr – I know I couldn’t could.  Especially when they come up with stuff like this, seen recently on their Instagram – it’s Stir Fry Jelly:



They meet a better class of photographer than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment