Tuesday, July 30, 2013

MUNCHING WITH MANSFIELD



One or two distractions (otherwise known as making a living) have rather slowed down the blogging, but while we're waiting here are some gourmet (or at least food) - related images of Jayne Mansfield.  It is said, i.e. I found it somewhere online, that she was once offered the chance to become Miss Roquefort Cheese but turned it down because she thought it would be bad for her image.  

So, here she is shopping, or at least pretending to shop for the benefit of the camera:


And here she is cooking, or at least pretending to cook for the benefit of the camera:


And here she is, and yes a camera is certainly involved, but apparently actually eating a sandwich, and drinking a Coke:


An all-American girl, apart from the (alleged) Satanism, obviously.









2 comments:

  1. Geoff, check this out. http://lucindaville.blogspot.com/2013/04/someones-in-kitchen-with.html How did I miss Jayne?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucinda - I'm a big fan of your blog cookbookofthe day - that was where I discovered the Myra Breckenridge Cookbook (which I now own) - also intrigued by The Yul Brynner Cookbook (which I don't)

    ReplyDelete