Sunday, December 17, 2023

ONE THOUSAND NOT OUT

If Blogger’s counting system is to be believed, this is my 1000th Psychogourmet blog post, to which ‘OMG’ seems a very reasonable response.

 

It all started when I said to my American book editor, Geoff Kloske, the man who edited The Lost Art Of Walking, that I thought I might like to write a non-fiction book about food, and Kloske said, ‘Well, get famous first.’ So I wrote freelance articles about food and food matters for the New York Times Book Review, The Los Angeles Review of Books, the Daily Telegraph, Gastronomica, Gourmet and others, and I started this blog.

 

This all went perfectly well, but I didn’t exactly become famous for it, I mean not Nigella Lawson famous, but then who the heck is?

 



Nevertheless, famous or not, somewhere along the line blogging about food seemed a reasonable and enjoyable end in itself, and so here we are at post number 1000, and to celebrate, here’s a noirish picture of a pleasant old geezer pouring martinis in the comfort of his own bar.  


Photo by Caroline Gannon




No comments:

Post a Comment